The Macroom Chamber of Commerce was established, on the 1st of July 1998 with the intent of pursuing the following objectives:
- To organize, protect and work for the progress and development of the different sectors related to commercial, industrial and agricultural interests and related services of Macroom and the West Cork Region.
- To approach relevant authorities in all matters related to commerce, industry, agriculture, services and their practices in other countries to establish trading relationships and encourage relocation to Macroom and surrounding area.
- To encourage and strengthen the ties among members of the business community in the region.
- To promote and develop the untapped tourism potential of the region.
- To establish contacts and find means and ways for mutual cooperation with other chambers and similar bodies.
Chamber membership is open to all firms practicing business and professional activities, whether they are individuals or companies, commercial agents, contractors, entrepreneurs, financial and banking establishments, insurance companies, tourism and travel agents, owners of hotels or other accommodation, accounting and auditing offices, firms undertaking all forms of consultancy work and every person practicing any work related to trade, industry or services should apply to become a member of the Macroom Chamber of Commerce